Saturday, January 7, 2017

Hello! Welcome to “Boiling the Bracket”, the home of the most accurate bracketology available. Beginning in the 2013-2014 season, I decided to start performing my own bracketology. I’ve been a college basketball junkie for as long as I can remember (growing up in the state of Indiana will do that to you) and am a very analytical person, so it seemed like it would fit naturally and be a lot of fun. In my three years of doing bracketology, I have performed very well relative to others like myself that love to do this. Below is an overview of those three years.

2013-2014: 67 out of 68 teams correctly selected in the field, 40 teams seeded exactly, 25 teams missed by 1 seed line = 346 points; t-6th in the Bracket Matrix

2014-2015: 66 out of 68 teams correctly selected in the field, 42 teams seeded exactly, 22 teams missed by 1 seed line = 346 points; 2nd in the Bracket Matrix

2015-2016: 66 out of 68 teams correctly selected in the field, 42 teams seeded exactly, 21 teams missed by 1 seed line = 345 points; 4th in the Bracket Matrix

I will post an updated bracketology every week, typically on Sunday nights once the majority games are complete. Once conference tournaments start in March, there will be more frequent updates. I will also provide a supplemental post each week that will typically consist of:
  • Reasoning for any major moves from one week to the next
  • Reasoning for teams I am ranking materially different from the bracket matrix
  • Bubble Watch
Thank you for following, and here’s to another successful season of predicting the bracket!

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment